Subscribe and Download
Technical details BRO-LUB®
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 120 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 40 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed 0.4 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.03 [µ] to 0.25 [µ]
- Temperature strain - 100 [°C] to + 200 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 1.5 [N/mm² x m/s]
- Support material CuSn8P (DIN 17662)
- Lubrication pockets are filled with graphite
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting H9
- Shaft tolerance f7
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness ≤ Ra 0.8
- Suitable for slow moving applications and oscillating movements.
BIV-LUB® is able to take high loading combined with a low abrasion rate
Range of application
- Construction machines, crane construction, agriculture machines, automotive industry
- BRO-LUB® is a maintenance-free bushing with embedded solid lubricants, but an initial lubrication for the “running-in process” is necessary. SBS advises for an aging resistant lithium stiffened grease.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
- Gluing: Adhesive should not contact the sliding surface!
- In spite of the bearing being maintenance-free, a primary lubrication is necessary.
- BRO-LUB® is a maintenance-free version of BRO-MET®. The diamond-shaped lubrication pockets are filled with graphite, a solid lubricant. The concept of the BRO-LUB® bushings is derived from the LUB-MET® material that has already been in the bearings market for many decades. With every movement of the shaft, tiny particles of the solid lubricant are being evenly distributed over the contact surface between the shaft and bushing. Thus, building up a sliding layer.
BRO-LUB® is a very good upgrade, especially for applications that normally require high greasing intervals (excessively contaminated applications), are difficult to carry out maintenance due to the location or where automated grease lines continuously fail.
It is necessary that an initial greasing is applied during installation to initiate the build-up of the solid lubricant layer.
BRO-LUB® also only can run completely maintenance-free if a non-corrosive shaft material is used.
Otherwise, the shaft would corrode and develop an abrasive sliding surface. This would tremendously decrease the lifespan of the bearing.
The dimensions of BRO-LUB® are according to DIN 1494 / ISO 3547 and are identical to BRO-MET®.
Typical applications are for agricultural machinery, brakes and certain construction machinery.
Special dimensions and imperial sizes are available on request
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.