Technical details BRO-MET®/L
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 120 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 40 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 2.5 [m/s] depending on lubrication
- Friction value 0.05 [µ] to 0.12 [µ]
- Temperature strain - 40 [°C] to + 250 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 2.8 [N/mm² x m/s]
- Support material CuSn8P (DIN 17662)
- alternative CuSn6P available
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting H9
- Shaft tolerance f7 to h8
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness < Ra 0.8
- Economic solution for bronze bearing application due to a thin wall thickness. High load capability and good stability with low abrasion. Suitable for rough working conditions, good corrosion resistance. Lubrication holes for maximum grease storage and the lowest maintenance intervals.
Range of application
- Agriculture machinery, truck cranes & construction machinery, suitable for impact loads
- BRO-MET®/L is a low maintenance bushing material. An initial greasing during installation is necessary, after that periodic greasing with oil or grease is mandatory. The lubrication holes are an excellent lubrication depot and keeping maintenance to a minimum.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
- BRO-MET®/L is is basically the same kind of bushing as BRO-MET®. The only difference is that the L version has complete holes for the storage of the grease, instead of the diamond shaped pockets of the BRO-MET® version. The holes have the advantage of storing more lubricants than the pockets and therefore, the maintenance intervals can be extended.
Another advantage is that the greasing holes of the BRO-MET®/L material is also able to store grease for a much longer time during the bearing’s lifespan. As the pockets of the standard BRO-MET® version are about 0.5mm deep, the holes go through the complete wall thickness of the bushing. Once the bushing starts to wear, the storage capacity of the standard BRO-MET®becomes comparatively lesser than for the L version.
As such, BRO-MET®/L can guarantee a more sufficient lubrication for a longer period during the life time of the bushing.
The applications for BRO-MET®/L are basically the same as for the standard version. Both materials can easily be exchanged for one another.
BRO-MET®/L can also be manufactured with seals for an extended bearing life, as seals help to keep harmful abrasive particles out of the bushing and contain the grease inside the bsuing.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.
Special dimensions and imperial sizes are available on request