Technical details BRO-MET®
- Specific load capacity static < 120 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic < 40 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 2.5 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.05 [µ] to 0.12 [µ] depending on lubrication
- Temperature strain - 40 [°C] to + 250 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 2.8 [N/mm² x m/s]
- The percentage of contact area on the ID is > 75%
- Support material CuSn8P (DIN 17662)
- alternative CuSn6P available
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting H9
- Shaft tolerance f7 to h8
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness ≤ Ra 0.8
- Economic solution for bronze bearing application due to a thin wall thickness. High load capability and good stability with low abrasion. Suitable for rough working conditions, good corrosion resistance.
Range of application
- Agriculture machinery, truck cranes & construction machinery, suitable for impact loads
- BRO-MET® is a low maintenance bushing material. An initial greasing during installation is necessary, after that periodic greasing with oil or grease is mandatory. The diamond pockets are an excellent lubrication depot and keeping maintenance to a minimum.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
- Gluing: Adhesive should not contact the sliding surface!
- BRO-MET® is a wrapped bronze bushing. Our standard material is CuSn8, alternatively we also can supply a CuSn6 bronze grade. The hardness of CuSn6 will slightly be lesser.
BRO-MET® was initially invented as an economic solution to solid bronze bushings, which have been used for centuries. The advantage being that they are produced from bronze sheet materials with a max. thickness of 2.5mm. The manufacturing process starts with cutting the sheet to the correct rectangular shape. Then the plate will be rolled and calibrated to the final size and finished with chamfering the edges. BRO-MET® bushings are manufactured according to DIN 1494/ ISO 3574 with standard sizes for H7 housing tolerances and f7 or h8 shaft tolerances.
The thin wall thickness as well as the economic production method makes BRO-MET® a relative inexpensive alternative to solid machined bushings. However, we need to highlight that there is a limitation to the material.
SBS’s BRO-MET® bushings have diamond-shaped lubrication pockets on the ID, covering about 25% of the surface. Therefore, grease intervals can be stretched to the maximum.
This type of material is often used for agricultural machinery, brakes and certain construction machinery.
Please inquire from our technical sales for more information.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.
Special dimensions and imperial sizes are available on request