Technical details COM-KU®/D Spherical Plain Bearing
- Stainless steel outer ring / COM-KU®/D ball * also available with stainless steel inner ring as fixed bearing
- ISO 6124 (ND Serie) and ISO 6124/3 (HD Serie)
- Can be exchanged with all DIN - joint bearings
- Also suitable for water and seawater applications
- This sliding material does not pose a threat to the environment!
- Stainless steel with COM-KU®/D material as sliding layer
- Housing Ø According to customer´s specification
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting According to customer´s specification
- Shaft tolerance According to customer´s specification
- Stainless steel outer and inner ring, with COM-KU®/D sliding layer
- Maintenance-free, no lubrication necessary
- High load capacity – due to thin plastic intermediate layer
- Compatible with all DIN – spherical plain bearings
- Applicable in water, as COM-KU®/D doesn’t swell and the metal parts are produced from rust-free stainless steel
- Suitable at best for movements which occur only in long intervals
- The non-ageing sliding layer prevents adhesion of the parts and guarantees therefore a faultless and long-term functionality of the bearing
- Application at e.g. valve, barrage assets, ball valves, guide vane bearings, dampers, etc.
- Large measurements are produced in parted models, inner diameter > 500 mm possible, see data sheet
- Many specials designs are possible beyond standard measurements
- Through application of different plastic mixtures it is possible, to produce the special spherical plain bearings to the requested specifications
- The bearings are produced in two standard designs, according to ISO 6124 (ND series) and ISO 6124/3 (HD series)
- These spherical plain bearings are featured by sliding layers from special plastic COM-KU®/D
- This is a maintenance-free, compound plastic material, which in respect of wear, friction coefficient and capacity load, is among our best sliding materials
- The specific characteristic of this sliding bearing-plastic is based on the fact that even under high loads, largely no plastic deformation appears. Thereby this material finds its specific application at continuously high load
- Spherical plain bearings are produced predominantly in stainless steel in the bearing areas. But the use of different materials is possible
- As the plastic COM-KU®/D absorbs almost no humidity nor shows any swell behaviour, it can be applied without specific constrictions or additional sealing in most of the liquid mediums in connection with stainless steel
- Only at very abrasive mediums is sealing of the bearing suggestive or necessary to prevent early wear
- As COM-KU®/D plastics are produced without phenolic resin, or similar hazardous materials these spherical plain bearings can be used for applications which have specific requirements concerning environmental compatibility
Range of application
- Valve, barrage assets, ball valves, guide vane bearings, dampers, etc.
- Not necessary
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.