Technical details FER-MAN®259
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 150 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 50-60 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed < 15 [m/s]
- Friction value 0,2 [µ] to 0,28 [µ]
- Temperature strain to < +200 [°C]
- Microhardness of the sliding surface 500-550 [HV]
- FeC-Mn base material with structural diamonds or grease grooves in the sliding surface special plasma hardening process
- Housing Ø H7
- Shaft tolerance Based on customer’s requirement (recommended h9)
- 42 CrMo4V induction hardened,
54-57 HRC, 2-4mm deep
- FER-MAN®259 is a maintenance-free material that is suitable for applications where dust and dirt with a particular hardness and abrasiveness is inevitably paired with high dynamic impact loads. It shows an especially long lifespan in such applications.
Range of application
- Clamshell for garbage handling machines and underwater applications, crawler chain links, excavator bucket bushings and ladle carriers.
- Lubrication is not necessary.
- Housing: Mounting bevel min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°
Shaft: Mounting bevel 5 mm x 15°, edges rounded
- The application of an adequate force fitting mandrel is advisable. Grease lubrication of the outer surface may be necessary when mounting.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.