Technical details GAP-MET®/M
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 250 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 130 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 0.5 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.10 [µ] to 0.20 [µ]
- Temperature strain -50 [°C] to +350 [°C] (+650 possible)
- Max. PV-value 1.5 [N/mm² x m/s]
- Bronze with smoothly dispersed graphite incorporated in the matrix
- Sliding layer CuSn/CuSnPb
- Graphite film
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting Please consult our sales engineers, standard delivered tolerance: r6 or E7
- Shaft tolerance Based on customer’s requirement
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness ≤ Ra 0.8
- Suitable for slow movement applications with high-load capacity and stability. Unsusceptible to dirt and moisture. Good chemical resistance, very good temperature resistance. GAP-MET®/M can be reworked mechanically.
Range of application
- Hydromechanical steel, beverage machines, steelworks plants.
- GAP-MET®/M is a maintenance-free bushing, Oil or grease lubrication is possible but not necessary.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
- Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
- Freeze fitting is suitable for diameter > 130mm, dry ice or liquid nitrogen can be used.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.