Technical details GAP-MET®/S
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 260 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic < 80 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 0.5 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.10 [µ] to 0.18 [µ]
- Temperature strain -150 [°C] to +280 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 1.0 [N/mm² x m/s]
- Support material Steel (also available in Bronze,GAP-MET®/B or Stainless steel, GAP-MET®/N)
- Sliding layer CuSn alloys; Graphite film (optional)
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting H9
- Shaft tolerance d7 or e7
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness ≤ Ra 0.8
- High load capability and stability, suitable for all slow movements and contaminated environments, no moisture absorption, good chemical resistance.
Range of application
- Plastics machines, general power plants, hydropower plants
- GAP-MET®/S is maintenance-free bearing, though oil or grease lubrication is possible.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
- Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
- For smaller diameters, the OD should be greased before pressing in.
For larger diameters dry ice for freeze fitting should be used.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.