Technical details NOX-MET®
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 250 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 140 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 2.0 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.02 [µ] to 0.20 [µ]
- Temperature strain -200 [°C] to +280 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 1.8 [N/mm² x m/s] ,for a short time 3,6
- Support material Stainless steel
- Intermediate layer Sintered bronze
- Sliding layer PTFE
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting H9
- Shaft tolerance f7 or h8
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness ≤ Ra 0.8
- Corrosion-free and maintenance-free material due to stainless steel and PTFE. Outstanding sliding and wear performance.
NOX-MET is chemical resistant towards alkaline and acidic medias!
Range of application
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industry, medical engineering, food industry, fittings
- NOX-MET® is maintenance-free bearing material with a PTFE sliding layer, therefore lubrication is not necessary but possible.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
- Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
- Gluing: Adhesive should not contact the sliding surface!
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.
Special dimensions and imperial sizes are available on request