Technical details PIK-MET®
- Specific load capacity static 140 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic 100 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 2.5 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.03 [µ] to 0.12 [µ]
- Temperature strain - 150 [°C] to + 250 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 2.8 [N/mm² x m/s]
- Support material Steel
- Intermediate layer Sintered bronze
- Sliding layer PEEK
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting H9
- Shaft tolerance h8
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness ≤ Ra 0.8
- PIK-MET® should be lubricated but can run in dry conditions for a period of time. It is suitable for high temperature and has very good chemical resistance.
Range of application
- Applications with high loading and high temperature which require a good chemical resistance. Plastic machines, piston pumps, compressors.
- PIK-MET® requires periodic lubrication. the type of grease used depends on the temperature range of the application as well as on the loading.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.