Technical details POM-MET®
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 250 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 140 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 2.5 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.04 [µ] to 0.12 [µ]
- Temperature strain - 40 [°C] to + 130 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 2.8 [N/mm² x m/s]
- Support material Steel copper-plated or tin-plated
- Intermediate layer Sintered bronze
- Sliding layer POM (MoS2)/lubrication pockets
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting in the range of D
- Shaft tolerance h8
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness ≤ Ra 0.8
- POM-MET® works with grease or oil lubrication. All kind of movements are suitable for this sliding material. It has good resistance to dirt, is very robust and has a high load capacity.
Range of application
- truck cranes, agriculture machines, hydraulic cylinders, construction machinery, tale gates
- POM-MET® is a low maintanence bearing material with MoS2 sliding layer and lubrication pockets. An initial greasing during installation is necessary, after that, periodic greasing with oil or grease is mandatory.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
- Gluing: Adhesive should not contact the sliding surface!
- POM-MET® is an economical wrapped bushing. It consists of a steel backing and a sliding layer made from MoS2 (Molybdenum Disulfide). It has very good wear behaviour and a low frictional value; is creep resistant and shows good results in a “dirty” environment for outdoor usage.
POM-MET® bushings are made from a steel plate, where the MoS2 is sintered onto the surface, using a bronze powder intermediate layer as a bonding agent. These raw material plates are then cut to a rectangular shape, then wrapped and calibrated to the right size.
The sizes are according to DIN 1494/ ISO 3547 with tolerances to be press fitted into a H7 housing for a h8 shaft tolerance. The sizes are identical to our TEF-MET® series, but POM-MET® is the better choice for more abrasive applications.
MoS2 is a friction modifier and is often used in heavy duty greases for its good resistance to compression. However, POM-MET® is not completely maintenance-free, as periodical greasing is still necessary. Hence, the sliding layer is perforated with lubrication pockets.
POM-MET® is often used in cranes, truck cranes, tail gates, harbour equipment and agricultural machinery and construction machines.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.