Subscribe and Download
Technical details TEF-MET®/B
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 250 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 140 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 2.5 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.03 [µ] to 0.25 [µ]
- Temperature strain -200 [°C] to 280 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 1.8 [N/mm² x m/s] 3,6 [N/mm² x m/s] for a short time
- Support material Bronze
- Intermediate layer Sintered bronze
- Sliding layer PTFE
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting H9
- Shaft tolerance f7 or h8
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness ≤ Ra 0.8
- TEF-MET® is a maintenance-free material due to the PTFE sliding layer. Outstanding sliding and wear performance. High load capacity and very versatile bushing. Extended performance due to the bronze backing.
Range of application
- hydraulic cylinders, cranes and construction machinery, all sorts of production machinery, pumps and medial devices
- TEF-MET®/B is maintenance-free with a PTFE sliding layer. It is not necessary to lubricate this material, but basically possible!*
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
- Gluing: Adhesive should not contact the sliding surface!
- TEF-MET®/B is very similar to the standard TEF-MET® material. The big difference is that the backing material is bronze instead of steel.
The advantage is that once the PTFE sliding layer is worn off, the shaft will run on a bronze material instead of a steel. The friction between bronze and steel is a lot lower and the shaft will not be damaged as much as if it would run against the steel backing of a normal TEF-MET®.
The bearing is produced in a sintering line, where first the bronze powder is melted onto the backing material giving it a 20-30 µ thick rough surface. During the second step, the PTFE is melted onto the backing material and binding itself into the rough bronze powder surface. After the sintering process, the raw material plates are rolled according to the standard thickness. The next step will be to cut the raw material in the rectangular shape, which will be rolled into a rough cylinder. The last step will be to calibrate the rough cylinder by pressing them into a housing and pushing a suitable pin with the right tolerance through the bushings. This process will force the bushings into its complete round shape. As a finishing, the chamfers will be cut into the bushings.
TEF-MET/B bushings are manufactured according to DIN standard sizes, where the size of the outer diameter (OD) is correlated to the wall thickness and the inner diameter (ID).
The bushing can be considered as a higher quality standard TEF-MET® bushing due to its bronze backing. Not only that it has better sliding abilities once the PTFE layer is worn off, but the bronze backing is also non corrosive. This can be of an advantage in humid and offshore applications.
The smallest inner diameter for the TEF-MET® materials is 3mm and the largest we can produce is 400mm.
Special dimensions and imperial sizes are available on request
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.